Nowadays, home security becomes the utmost priority of every household. It’s very important to protect your whole family by making your home safe and secure. That’s the reason why homeowners reinforce their homes with roller shutters for maximum protection. And you should too!
What are Roller Shutters?
Modern Roller Shutters are overhead shutters mounted either top or front of a window or a door and roll down over a window, fitting closely and securely. These are generally made from metal, aluminium, and steel.
Roller shutters are either manually operated, automatically operated, or operated with hardwired systems. There’s a fantastic range of colours and profiles to choose from where you can create the perfect look for any home from modern through to traditional.
Benefits and Usage of Roller Shutters?
As we spend most of our time at home with our family, we would want to create a safe atmosphere. Security roller shutters serve multiple functions.
Security and Privacy
Roller shutters provide excellent security and privacy. It can help minimise the risk of break-ins and vulgars. It will take a great effort for intruders because roller shutters are mounted and fitted very well to the door or a window.
Another great benefit of roller shutters is that it gives outstanding protection, effective, and efficient insulation against harsh weather conditions outside. It basically provides a solid barrier protecting your glass windows and doors from any types of bad weather.
Reduction in Heating & Cooling Costs
Research has shown that installing roller shutters can save up to 30% on heating and cooling costs. Offering up to a 90% reduction in thermal transfer roller shutters keep the cold out and the heat in during winter, and prevent heat build-up during the summer.
Roller shutters make an excellent noise barrier. These shutters have a thick insulating PU foam core that are highly effective at reducing exterior noise, having been found to reduce noise transfer by up to 50%. Perfect especially if you live in a busy location.
Easy Handling & Operation
Roller shutters are easy to operate, clean, and are a very cost-effective security solution over time. The modern security shutters come with remote control features which makes them very easy to operate. Regular service and maintenance will give a long-lasting solution.
Roller shutters can help enhance the exterior aesthetics of your home while improving the ambiance inside of your home.
Smart Tips to Choose the Right Roller Shutters
Have you decided to install roller shutters for your home or business? Read on to learn some smart tips to choose the right and high quality roller shutters to keep your property secure.
- Research is your primary task. Gather as much as information that you can about roller shutters – features, specifications, benefits, quality, and price should be taken into an account.
- Decide on your budget.
- If security is your main consideration, the best choice for you are the steel or aluminium shutters. Always make sure to analyse the security level that a shutter can offer. You want shutters that will provide both security from intruders and safety from weather elements.
- Don’t compromise quality. Just because something is made of steel, that doesn’t mean it is automatically secure. Get shutters that will provide long-term durability and unbeatable protection against forced entry.
- Choose a reputable company that can provide and install high-quality outdoor shutters and that will ensure they will last long. Read reviews and testimonials from their previous clients.
- Check the warranty and after-sales services. This may be one of the overlooked tips but we highly encourage you to check everything about it. This will save you from hassle and money in the long run.
Get the safety you dream of! Roller Shutters for your home is definitely a smart choice – it can make your home a comfortable and a safer place to stay.
Now that you have ideas of what exactly to look for when buying roller shutters, seek advice from the most suitable and experienced provider for your home. We will help you find the best roller shutters in Adelaide.
For more information about our products, call us on (08) 8343 5988 or fill out our online form to get your free quote.